Erfurt - City of Flowers and Horticulture
Erfurt has long been renowned as a city associated with flowers and horticulture. A former mayor of the city, Christian Reichart, established the principles of commercial horticulture in the 18th century. Numerous local nurseries produced successful varieties and seeds in the 19th century, helping to establish Erfurt’s reputation as a "city of flowers". Erfurt is home to the extensive egapark, known locally as the "Garden of Thuringia", the only German Horticultural Museum and various horticultural businesses.
- double room: from 149,00 € per person
- single room: from 209,00 € per person
- 2 nights with breakfast in a hotel
- 1 Thuringian-style dinner in a historical restaurant
- Guided walk
- Admission to egapark and the German Horticultural Museum
- Erfurt Card giving free admission to the museums and free travel on trams and buses
- Flowery gift
"The Whole World in the Garden" is a permanent exhibition (1,500 m²) inside the ancient fortified walls of Cyriaksburg Castle.
In Erfurt you will find various parks and green spaces dotted all over the metropolitan area.