Terms and Conditions
Accommodation Service of Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board
Agency Conditions and Cancellation Policy
Within the scope of this agreement, Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board is acting solely as an agent i.e. the parties to the contract are the accommodation provider and the guest. All rights and obligations arising from the accommodation agreement shall exist directly and exclusively between the guest making the booking and the accommodation provider. Charges for the services shall therefore be settled directly between the accommodation provider and the guest. Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board shall provide the agency services in the name and for the account of the accommodation provider and is thus not a travel organiser within the meaning of section 651 a, (1) German Civil Code (BGB). The following terms and conditions apply to the making and processing of bookings:
The prices quoted are final prices per room and include all incidental costs.
Rights and duties arising from the accommodation agreement
- The accommodation agreement is formed as soon as the required accommodation has been ordered and confirmed, or ordered and supplied, if confirmation was not possible for reasons of time.
- By entering into the accommodation agreement the contracting parties undertake to perform the agreement, irrespective of the term for which the agreement has been concluded.
- The accommodation provider is obliged to pay the guest compensation if it is unable to supply the agreed capacity.
- If the guest fails to avail him/herself of the contractual services, he or she is obliged to pay the agreed or standard price, less any expenses saved by the accommodation provider. The following provision has been agreed with the provider of the accommodation arranged by Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board in the event of cancellation by the guest:
Where the number of rooms booked is three or fewer, the following cancellation charges apply:
- Cancellation up to 3 days before arrival date: no charge
- Thereafter: 80 per cent of the price of the accommodation.
If larger numbers of rooms are booked, the specific cancellation charges of the accommodation provider apply. The cancellation charges are calculated on the basis of the accommodation price We recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance.
Liability of Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board
Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board is liable in cases of intent and gross negligence and within the scope of the statutory provisions. Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board is not liable for disruptions resulting from force majeure, strike or disruptions to telecommunications services where the fault lies with the telecommunications supplier. Claims against Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board become statute-barred at the end of six months after the start of the holiday as specified in the contract.
Queries and special requests
If you have any queries or special requests, please contact Erfurt Tourism and Marketing Board:
tel.: +49 361 6640 110
fax: +49 361 6640 290