Erfurt Protestant Augustinian Monastery
The church and monastery of the Augustinian hermits was built around 1300. Martin Luther, the famous Augustinian monk, was admitted to the monastery on 17 July 1505. The Augustinian Monastery pays tribute to Martin Luther with a new exhibition whose theme is "Bible-Monastery-Luther". The Lutherzelle (Luther's cell) can be visited as part of the exhibition. Since 1988 the monastery has been used as an ecumenical conference centre and a memorial to Luther.
A guided tour of the St Elisabeth Chapel with secco murals of the Elisabeth-cycle is possible.
Tram no. 1 or 5 to Augustinerkloster
By car: Anger 1 or Dom multi-storey car park