Collegium Maius was the main building of the Old University of Erfurt. The foundation of the university dates from the foundation charter of the year 1379. The Collegium Maius thereby represented the oldest university in Germany, whose most popular student perhaps was Martin Luther. In 1945 the building was destroyed. The Collegium Maius has in the meanwhile been completely reconstructed and is home to the Evangelical Church in Central Germany.
Tram no. 3, 4 or 6 to Domplatz stop
By car: Domplatz multi-storey car park
5 minutes walk from Cathedral Square (Domplatz) to Collegium Maius via Pergamentergasse.